Friday, November 25, 2005

Sweet Potato Tacos

I end up eating a lot of tacos on those days that before I might have had a sandwich or frozen pizza for dinner. If you have a stack of corn tortillas and cheese in the fridge, you might as well.

For some reason, sweet potatoes taste really good in a taco.

This recipe is not really an entertaining or serve to anyone else recipe its more of the oh crap I hate my eating problems what am I gonna have for dinner type recipe. so obviously you can get as fancy as you want with this or just let it slide.

Ingredients

1 sweet potato regular sized
1 can of black beans
cheese
1 jalapeno or some sliced jalapenos from a jar
sour cream
hot sauce (I like Tapatio on tacos)
lettuce
tomatoes
minced garlic (the jarred kind. who cares.)
tortillas

Cooking part

Heat the can of black beans on the stove, drain it if you want, but you don't have to. Add a spoonful of the minced garlic.
Put the sweet potato in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Slice it open length wise and check to see if its done.
Slice some cheese slices. I guess you could have the shredded kind, but I'm too cheap to buy that kind.
slice the jalapeno or pull a couple from the jar
rip off some lettuce into shreds
chop up some tomatoes small enough that they fit in a taco
Heat some tortillas for about 1 minute in the microwave in the warmer

Smear some sweet potatoes on one side of the tortilla, and spoon some black beans in the taco. I'd probably double up on the tortilla at this point.
Put the cheese on now so it has a chance to melt on either the hot sweet potatoes or the black beans.
Add some peppers and lettuce and tomatoes and sour cream and hot sauce if desired

I can't explain how hard it is for me to not add "Enjoy!" to the end of every one of these recipes. When I was about 10 I went through and rewrote every recipe in my mom's recipe box so it would be legible and added "Enjoy!" to the end of every one. I don't know where I got it from but I still want to do it every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home