Wednesday, May 25, 2005

About

I've been struggling with dietary restrictions for over a year now, and it was something of a struggle. I checked out all the library books I could find, I despaired, and lost weight thinking I couldn't eat anything.

Okay, so it wasn't all that bad. Don't worry, I rediscovered nachos and it all came back.

But I have continued to be frustrated with the information that's out there. All I wanted was a place where I could find regular recipes that just happened to be gluten free. The recipes here will not be substitute heavy. They will be similar to what you're friends are eating, or what you grew up eating, but you might have forgotten that you can still eat it.

I also will review products that are out there for non-gluten eaters, and I am not afraid of dishing out both bad reviews and good ones. Eventually, this might switch over to some kind of Movable Type category blog, so that I can separate recipes, product reviews, restaurant reviews, etc.

Also, I am not always as strict as other people out there need to be. Remember to always check your own ingredients to make sure they don't contain gluten. If I use something, assume its the gluten free version of it. Always check your own labels. Please email me if I use or recommend something that is clearly a no-no.

Please feel free to leave a comment or email me (nowheatrecipes at gmail dot com) if you have any suggestions. I've never really written recipes in order for other people to follow them before, so I welcome all suggestions on how to make things clearer. It is definitely a work in progress.

And I would love your recipes, and credit will be given. Again, the email address is nowheatrecipes at gmail dot com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home